You’re business is here to make money. But how are you going to do that?
- What does your business do?
- Why does your business matter? What is going to do that other companies aren’t doing?
- What difference will it make? How will it make people’s lives better, faster, slower, easier, cheaper, more exciting, more relaxing, or whatever the case may be?
- How are you going to look different? How are you going to stand out?
- What is the business idea or the philosophy behind what you’re doing?
- What is important to you? Why, in fact, are you here?
Answer those question and, as if by magic, your logo is no longer some airy-fairy thing. It matters. Now you have a basis on which to evaluate how your logo and identity should work for your business.
In a wildly competitive world, where the tiniest margins count, can your logo and your corporate identity help you communicate those things above? They should.
In a world where it is truly difficult to find a competitive advantage and hold onto it, you need everything about your business to be working as hard as it can. And that includes your brand.
If your product is what you are, your brand is who you are.
A logo is at the heart of your brand. And your brand is who you are. It’s your personality. It’s how you become meaningful in people’s lives.
A great logo will be:
- Easily recognisable – which probably means it will be utterly simple
- Distinctive – which probably means your logo needs to start life by being different
- Memorable – something that will only come with time but means that it needs to have both credibility and vision.
Great logo design requires a complex mixture of design skills, creative theory and skillful application. Any designer worth their salt can create a fit-for-purpose logo, but truly mastering all aspects of the craft takes time, skill and persistence.
As with any creative endeavour, it’s really easy. All you have to do is wait for the drops of blood to appear on your forehead.
Iconic logo for Ninth House Network, corporate educational development
Iconic logo design and roll-out
Brand systems and guidelines
Web & Interactive design
Web-site design and development
User interface design
Online promotion design and development
Mobile application design and development
Social Media concept development
Integrated advertising concepts and execution
Brochures and collateral
Book and magazine design
Posters / Billboards
TV / Broadcast design
Broadcast concept and design development
TV commercial concept and development
Online video concept and development
Retail & Packaging design
Environmental / experiential graphics